Friday, March 8, 2013

Serendipity

Don't you just love those moments when serendipity just finds you. I had one of those occasions recently when I had the opportunity to peruse my local library *by myself*  (a rare enough occurrence in itself) and this book literally just found me!

In addition to the fact that there are so many special stories that I love about the life of this beautiful family, I felt SO many similarities to my own love of the seasons - and subsequently I felt a deep connection to this book. (Almost like it was the sister manuscript to the seasonal curriculum I have been writing in my heart for years now.) I was instantly hooked - right there in the aisles of the library! I am so grateful for their story, and for the fact that they felt compelled to capture their lives, through both their images and heartfelt words, and compile them into a book for all of us to enjoy.

The book is, The Rhythm of Family - Discovering a Sense of Wonder through the Seasons by Amanda Blake Soule and Stephen Soule.  As I researched the book I found the blog that corresponds to their lives. Because I was so thankful for the inspiration and companionship that the book provided, I was almost beside myself to discover that there was also a weekly blog to connect with!

One of the things I have discovered about this wonderful blog is something called {this moment}. It is a simple pure ritual that I hope to incorporate into my own blog / life. I know I can manage to take a moment and reflect each week on something simple and perfect that has occurred in my life. (My hope is that I can also manage to document it visually to share.) At the very least this discovery was a brilliant reminder to take a moment each week to ponder the amazing moments that have occurred in between all of the hectic and the mundane. Like sparkling seashells that appear in between the pebbles on the beach or those vivid moments when the clouds parts and the rays of lights stream though, I know that they happen each and every day; the magic is being able to acknowledge and appreciate them. 

Anyway - I digress - and I have used far too many words to be in accordance with the intended ritual.  Here is the initial introduction from the SouleMama Blog - and the corresponding caption for the weekly post.

{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - some words :-) capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.

 
Here is an explanation - because I am already far too long on words! {This moment} Ruben was trying to ride his tricycle, because he was watching big brother Miles on his push cycle, and he was trying to keep up. I call it "Big Boy Aspirations."

So - since I have been compelled to break the rules and talk all over this post about appreciating a supposedly silent moment. I hope that if you have stumbled here - or found this message unexpectedly in the middle of your day - that you can take a peek into our world; and then remember to wrap your arms around the things you love the most about your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment