Friday, January 31, 2014

{this moment} on two continents! 31 January 2014

Each week my South African friend Vanessa and I post {this moment} on two continents! as a ritual to celebrate our friendship and the bond we share as we raise our boys "together" on opposite sides of the globe.

One of my favorite things about our weekly posts is celebrating the dichotomy of our seasonal experience. This week in the US we hunkered down for yet another winter storm. I found myself very grateful for the warmth of my home. I became very aware of the dichotomy of our own indoor and outdoor experience; I became even more grateful of the shelter we call home.

 
Outside & Inside
 And what a winter it has been. Snowbanks as tall as my boys!

 We created a new game as we tried to get some fresh air despite the cold; snow soccer! - United States

 On the other side of the globe in ZA there are green leafy trees & beach days still to be had! Aidan likes swinging into the giant rosemary bush under the camphor trees.


 Mila's first beach day - South Africa

Inspired by Soulemama - {this moment} A Friday ritual. A single photo few photos - no words - some words :-) capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment