Monday, January 2, 2012

I Will Make a Difference

What a difference two years makes!! A little over two years ago Michael and I were simply waiting to become parents and our New Year's resolutions were based solely on our own desires. Then along came Miles ~ and our perspective was radically changed! Suddenly our hope for the world to be a better place was grounded in the life of our new child. Now we have TWO OF THEM!

Everyone who knows me, knows that I have always been a sucker for a good ritual or tradition. I adore the opportunity to mark a special event in my life (and now my families) with some kind of recognition. For that reason I love a good New Year's resolution. But, that said, I have been so busy being a new parent the last few years I have not had it in me to make a mindful attempt at such a thing.

So, when we woke up on New Year's Eve I put Ruben in a hand-me-down shirt that was given to Miles by his Aunt Jessica & Uncle Matt. As I took some pictures to compare the brothers in their shirts it occurred to me that this simple phrase would make a good resolution ~ today and every day!

Here is a picture of Miles in his shirt (he was 8 days old) and a picture of Ruben wearing his hand-me-down shirt (5 1/2 weeks old).

I think this year I will continue to pledge to "make a difference" in the world, and in the lives of my sons - so they can go on to do the same one day. I want to continue my focus in working to make my family as happy and healthy as we can be. That way we are able to give our best to the world. As a new year dawns I am also immeasurably thankful for the larger family that surrounds my growing one! To all our dear friends and family, I so appreciate your presence in our lives. You give us strength and perspective, and create a foundation for us to grow on! Do you have a resolution, a promise, or a hope for 2012? I would love to hear what you want to see happen this year, and I hope this is an exceptional year for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment